Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Words in Dreams

I dreamed the word avorsity. The context was a magazine in a dream. Avorsity was one of two words in the title of an imaginary magazine. I met the editorial board. They were young and frenetic. They were humorous and histrionic. I wanted to be somewhere else except in the moments when there was silence. Then I could observe without the need to reciprocate energy, which I felt was exhausting. They were interested in and had accepted a piece of fiction I had authored (also in the dream). I couldn't remember writing the story, which was about eight or nine pages, but I knew it was mine when it was read aloud to me. It was a parody of a certain genre. The eyes of the editors were too brightly colored, nearly electric, glowing like kids' toys under a Christmas tree on that first morning. I saw the color but felt the vacancy, hot and burning like a floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment