Friday, June 10, 2016

Marie 6/11/2016 12:42 A.M.

What is your earliest memory?

Going to the beach to swim very early in the morning.

Was this in Norfolk?

Yes.

How did you get to the beach?

Trolley.

Who went there with you?

Probably my sisters.

How old were you?

Probably four or five.

Did you actually go into the ocean and swim at that age?

Uh huh.

Was it a rocky beach or a sandy beach?

Sandy.

Was it the sort of beach where there was a crowd or was it a largely deserted or secluded beach?

I don't remember.

Did you like to find shells?

Yes, I liked to find shells. We couldn't afford to rent a raft. Or an umbrella.

You children went without an adult?

Uh huh.

Who would have been the oldest child then?

I'm not sure. I don't remember Christine going with us.

How far out would you swim?

When it was low tide and there was a sandbar, I would go way out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment