Monday, February 27, 2017

Yashica, Kyocera, Contax

Yashica, Kyocera, Contax all went dark, began their journey towards extinction, in 2005. 

But millions of these cameras are still floating around. 

Kyocera took over Yashica back in the day and issued Contax cameras and used Contax lens in many of the other cameras. (Yay!)

I knew I really loved the glass in my one tiny Yashica Kyocera film camera. But it arrived with a seriously defective date function that could not be turned off. (Boo!) So I just sighed and put the camera aside.

But I recently realized I really want this camera back. And I found one on EBAY just now which is alleged to be fully functional.

This little camera is a surprisingly good grain grabber. I was really shocked how the photos held up to scrutiny and didn't really look like typical lomography.


No comments:

Post a Comment