Sunday, July 10, 2016

Photoworld

My companion camera this week has been the Mamiya MSX 500. This little darling was born in 1974. This is my second camera purchased in 2016 from that year (a Minolta was the other one). Both cameras have electronic light metering, which was the "big new thing" in those years. Both light meters still work. The Mamiya has a built-in "hack" to allow you to do clean double exposures. Nice. Also, I can finally shoot up close and in somewhat dark rooms. This camera is a dream with helping you get the exposure right. You can't be lazy though. It's a manual universe. But would you want it any other way? The deer down at the end of the street have gotten so tame with me that I can now stand comfortably closer to them than I would with most humans. I am starting to know their families. I just photographed two lover deer in the woods that the Cherry Street Steps go down through (they are always getting overgrown). The one's ears were orange translucencies in the late sun. We locked eyes for quite some time. She's so sweet. I found out today one of my favorite streets in town (on a sort of bluff) has a geocached treasure that's been waiting to be discovered since 2007. I always worry that someone has planted a human head there or something equally dire as the "prize." Has that happened yet with geocaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment