Sunday, July 17, 2016

Oh Puhleez

I was looking at a list of people who have gone missing under mysterious circumstances.

I was particularly taken with the ridiculously quick "resolution" achieved in the disappearance of Guma Leandro Aguiar.

The family got him declared dead after less than three years when the usual legal requirement is seven?

That boat driven up onto the beach totally looks like a set-up. His body would almost certainly have been found if he went overboard that close to shore.

This article has the GPS info (see the embedded video) showing he almost certainly jumped from one boat to another.

Note the reassembly of Aguiar's "team" in the Netherlands.

This man is almost certainly alive.

I'm sure he was declared dead so soon because the rich generally get their way in court.

It sounds as though Aguiar was having a really hard time of it with bipolar disorder. Maybe he needed a way to exit a marriage that wasn't working for him and find a space to clear his head.

It would have been so easy for him to secret away funds in any number of overseas accounts or to have had friends hold money for him. It's also possible that he is acting in collusion with certain members of his own family. I suppose it could all come down to fiduciary and other financial forensics. That's probably where the answer lies.

P.S. Guma, call me. I avoid people a lot too, know what it's like to be bipolar, and I would love to have a bowling partner I could hit up for the occasional ten thousand dollars "until next Friday." I know you're not swimming with the mermaids.


No comments:

Post a Comment