Monday, July 11, 2016

I Only Need Five Hundred Years to Do This

I feel sort of ripped off. Because my life is generally good now, apart from the grieving I do for all the suffering in the world, natural suffering and that gratuitous suffering caused by human so-called consciousness. I realize I continue to learn and grow and enjoy this process. But my learning curve isn't so sharp that I am making it exactly where I want to be "on time." I realize that "on time" is a purely subjective feeling. I feel if I could have five hundred years of life, it might happen. Is there an extended life package for late-bloomers? Can I get another four hundred plus years on credit? And then there are things in the world that make you think you will welcome the silence of the grave. So maybe if someone were granted five hundred years (write it out as short fiction) he or she would end up feeling like Tithonus, because of the problem of "moral absorption." The world's membrane is filled with such toxins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment