Thursday, April 25, 2019

Some Poetry Acceptances


I'm very happy to have had work accepted this week for upcoming issues of Presence (U.K.) and Failed Haiku.

Presence is a print journal. I would highly recommend subscribing if you enjoy haiku, senryu, tanka, haibun and related forms of poetry. Ian Storr makes great selections, so I find myself returning to the journal for multiple readings. Each issue has the richness you'd expect of an anthology.

Failed Haiku (the title is a sly way to tell you the magazine publishes senryu) is consistently exciting and brash. I've never visited the site and not had a great time and had my mind expanded in the bargain. Mike Rehling does a wonderful job of editing that every month (yes, it comes at you roughly every thirty days!)

May's issue of FH is being edited by the wonderful Kala Ramesh. There's a metaphysical quality to many of her haiku, so I look forward to seeing how the issue shapes up. Here's a really interesting essay by Ramesh, "Silences as Seen in Indian Aesthetics.  


No comments:

Post a Comment