Saturday, April 27, 2019

A Magazine in the U.K. with a Great Poetry Archive

I was very gratified to learn I had some poems accepted for an upcoming issue of  Ink, Sweat & Tears, a U.K. based magazine.

Here's a brief synopsis of the journal's history from the website:  "IS&T was founded by Salt author Charles Christian in 2007 as a platform for new poetry and short prose, and experimental work in digital media. Charles ran the site single-handedly, publishing new work every day till 2010, when now sole editor, poet and artist Helen Ivory came on board as Deputy Editor."

Publisher Kate Birch and Editor/Poet Helen Ivory now pilot this vessel. And their cumulative acumen has crafted a  literary journal of ensorcelling wiles.

I really enjoyed the haiku in the magazine's archive. Here is a sample. And another one. And check out these wild haiku of Andrew Pidoux.

Here are some poems by Helen Ivory which I enjoyed. I particularly liked "What the House Said." Her poems have a deadly-serious playfulness and a brashness, qualities that remind me of Stevie Smith's blithe darkness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment