Saturday, December 14, 2019

8 Poems (Air Poems)



      BEHIND CVS

I wake and my little cat gives me my spirit.
No cat, no spirit.

The sun is tender
with looking at the earth.

It is hard to look at earth

Truly to see
the people's hope

Oh, look at
The things that end in a dirty creek



        CHILD

The child touches lightning bugs
on the summer air

So many lovers
she will have

So many doorways

None nailed shut




           CURSE IN A CVS

The pot you gave me is no good

I will float on lightning

and return later




                 TWO BOYS

Two punks
walking over a bridge
stone bridge
snickering
throw stones
into a world below
anger
zings and zips
through the Underworld
their faces
wood in the snow
crack like a rifle
shot
into a world below
their living





               NIGHT

What the roses dream at night
let me dream

The spiderwebs all through me

let me dream

The stars sending light
without postage

Yes

An old woman the color of night
breaking up

In the river now

More of my excuses die



      EXPLANATION

the cat
sits in
winter's window
slant rain
turns snow
means more
means less
than naming
to me

I am a cat



     SEDUCTION

I hear
this neighbor's
coyote voice
a woman
is a blue bird
rousing coyote
into the open
where he releases
his voice
in spring
the blue berries
release her
birds know
poison from food
fly away
into fire
of more sky





      LOVERS

the rain
comes down
bending their necks
the lovers
who run now
into shelter
of a garden
inside the mall
rain on the glass ceiling
of the shopping mall
continues
they look up
where birds flee
we are
seeming
to be many pieces
of one person







No comments:

Post a Comment