Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I Couldn't Resist This Little Trio of Sculptures by a Folk Artist Named Gaines

Gaines? I did like a two second Google search and didn't see anything. But I didn't really care, because the pieces were so charming.

They're miniatures and they remind me of traveling in the family a la Russell Edson. Mom has a bird in the center of her skull; so does junior. Dad is always leveling his head to make sure his mind is okay.

I wish they were larger, but you can't have everything. The boy is missing one of his wings, but I suppose you just make up a story to explain that. They'll be good muses in my writing station upstairs.

They're totally the sort of carvings I'd expect to see in the Visionary Arts Museum. I felt a little twirl in my heart the moment I saw them.






No comments:

Post a Comment