Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Golden Age of Radio: Do You Use Websdr?

I found myself missing my old shortwave radio. I loaned it to someone many years ago and never got it back. It was a large radio (half the size of a suitcase) and had great reception.

I found myself looking at the little shortwave radios available today. Ebay is chock-a-block with them and some little half-decent ones (which include AM/FM/medium wave as well) are under twenty dollars. If you're trying to decide on a brand/model, there are usually YouTube videos reviewing the particular radios and demonstrating their features and actual reception.

I suspected the number of stations broadcasting on shortwave were drastically down and they are down a bit in number, but in certain parts of the world shortwave is still thriving. And there's still more than enough to keep one interested.

It's also fun to record the strange sounds one picks up on shortwave and then layer them into some sonic composition.

I figured there had to be some internet/shortwave interface and discovered WebSDR.

Here's some info in case you are interested.

If so, WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF DADCORE.





About:




No comments:

Post a Comment